How do I Troubleshoot my Lexmark Printer?
Lexmark printer believes in creating innovative image solutions and technologies that help people print, secure, and manage information accurately. Besides all these qualities, there are times when people face trouble while working with the Lexmark printer. In such situations, they often question how to troubleshoot Lexmark printer for comfort and efficiency. Below are some of the frequent problems people face while using the Lexmark printer.
List of Most Common Errors Faced While in Lexmark Printer:
- The printer won’t print, “Document Failed to Printing”.
- Paper Jam “Error 200” or “Error 200.xx”.
- Service Fuser Error “Error 920.06”.
- Similar “900 Firmware Error” or “Error 900.00” or “Error 900.43”.
- Remove Paper Standard Bin or “Standard Bin Full”.
- Load MP Feeder Error Message.
- Printer Error Code “Error 1203” and “Error 241.06”.
Below is the Lexmark printer troubleshooting guide through which you can get the solution to every error mentioned above.
1. Lexmark Printer is Not Printing, Error Message – Document Failed to Print:
This is one of the most regular issues of Lexmark printers, which can be due to different reasons, including communication failure or print failure. To troubleshoot this error, follow the below-mentioned steps.
Try Following Lexmark Printer Troubleshooting Steps:
- Firstly connect both computer and printer to your network.
- And try to restart the printer, as sometimes a simple restart can fix the issue.
- Check the proper installation of toner and check if any paper is stuck in the machine.
- Unplug the printer and if everything seems fine, disconnect the printer for a few minutes, then reconnect it and resume print jobs.
- You can also uninstall and reinstall the printer on the computer, which can help re-establish the connection between both devices and may resolve the issue.
- Update drivers and check if the printer is set up correctly.
2. Fix Paper Jam “Error 200” or “Error 200.xx”
Error 200 indicates the paper jam at the front of your printer. This is a very repeated error faced by Lexmark printers. Sometimes the paper is also jammed under the toner cartridge. To get rid of this error, people can follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Open the front cover of the printer carefully and remove the toner cartridge.
- Now remove the paper stuck inside the printer with safe hands.
- Once you’ve removed the paper, reinstall the toner properly and close the front cover of the printer.
3. Service Fuser Error “Error 920.06”
The service fuser error indicates the problem with the fuser unit installed on the printer. Error 920 displays the fuser message commonly displayed as “Service Fuser Error”, followed by many Lexmark printer error codes 920, 921, 923, etc. To solve this error, you can follow the below simple steps.
- Try to power off your printer and wait for a few seconds. Now power it back on to see if the error persists or not.
- If the error persists, your printer’s fuser unit needs to be reinstalled. Make sure that there is no paper stuck in the unit.
4. Similar “900 Firmware Error” or “Error 900.00” or “Error 900.43”
There are various Lexmark printer issue codes available that prohibit the usage of printers. If your printer displays error 900, then firstly determine whether the error occurs when the printer is connected to the network or not. In this case, people are requested to contact a technician as the error may be with the software. But if the printer is not connected to the network, follow the below-mentioned steps to overcome this error.
- Turn off your printer and disconnect all the cables, excluding the power cord.
- Now turn on the printer to download and update the latest Lexmark firmware. Apart from all this, if your printer still shows error 900, it may need service.
5. Remove Paper Standard Bin or “Standard Bin Full”
Lexmark printer faces one of the most common errors is “Standard Bin Full” or “Remove Paper Standard Bin”. This error may occur when the output bin of your printer is either complete or when the printer thinks it is full. Follow the below-mentioned steps for troubleshooting Lexmark printer problems when the output bin is not filled with paper.
- Power off your printer and remove the cover above the rollers on the tallest part of the printer.
- You will see an exit flag that looks like a small arm on the left part of your printer. The exit flag usually hangs straight down, but in the case of the standard bin error message, the exit flag is not at the right place.
- Carefully replace the flag to its proper place by pushing the exit flag down.
- Now put the cover back on and turn on your printer to remove the error message.
6. Load MP Feeder Error Message
There are several solutions to troubleshoot Lexmark printer error showing load MP Feeder since this occurs to loading paper into the front multipurpose feeder. Ensure that the tray is loaded with the paper if you feed on the MP feeder. However, if you still find the error, check the sensor flag, mainly caused by a loose sensor flag or a bad sensor. If the sensor flag is missing or loose, place the sensor or renew it to eliminate the “Load MP Feeder” error message.
7. Printer Error Code “Error 1203” and “Error 241.06”
If your printer refuses to print and displays error code 1203, then this is caused by a problem with the print cartridge. To get rid of this, follow the below simple steps.
- Open the cover of your printer and remove the ink cartridge while your printer is powered on. Now turn the printer off and turn it back on.
- If the error is gone, follow the next step, but if the error persists then, there may be a hardware issue.
- Now reinstall the ink cartridge, one cartridge at a time.
Error 241.06 there is a paper jam problem. The error usually occurs with older printers that are equipped with the older type of pickup tire, causing sensor issues during print jobs. The sensor notices the paper jam, even if there is no paper stuck in the tray.
To correct this problem, take the paper tray out of the drawer and look for the pickup tire. If pickup tires are gray or tan, the printer uses an older type. To get rid of error 241.06, replace pickup tires with new ones, which are green.