How to Scan on Canon Printer
Whether Mac or Windows 10 - Learn How to Scan a Document from Canon Printer
Scanning is the best way to keep a hardcopy document along with you around the clock. Well, once you scan a document, an electronic copy of the document becomes easy to have all the time. Moreover, if you are running a business or you need to scan a copy of your document, you can do that through your printer. As technology is reaching the next level and facilitating us with lots of advanced features. Canon also has provided us with all-new printers that can scan documents as well.
Just in case, if you are thinking about how to scan on a Canon printer and don't know the procedure, you should go through this post. Here you would be getting all the required information from preparing to scanning the documents. So, go thoroughly and get your hard copy scanned and have a new soft copy of the document.
How Would You Prepare the Document to Scan on a Canon Printer?
- First of all, you need to be sure that your Canon printer can scan.
- Then you will be required to connect your printer to the computer.
- Also, you should turn on the printer if it is required.
- By lifting up the scanner's lid, you need to open the Scanner.
- After that, you have to place the document face-down on the scanner.
- And close the scanner lid.
Besides, if you’re wondering about the Canon printer how to scan? In that case, you can scan a document using your Canon printer on Windows 10 as well as Mac. Go through the information mentioned below and scan the documents.
How to Scan From Canon Printer to Computer Windows 10?
- You need to click the Windows logo placed at the left-bottom corner of the screen.
- Then you will be required to type Windows Fax and Scan in the search bar in order to find the option.
- Once you see the option, click the Windows Fax and Scan option so as to Scan the app that can be opened.
- Further, choose the New Scan option at the upper-left corner of the screen.
- In this way, a new window will open in which you need to make sure that you have selected the correct scanner. Check the name of the printer and the model number. Just in case, if something is wrong, click the Change option and select your printer.
- Moving ahead, you have to choose the type of document by clicking the Profile, and from the drop-down option, you should opt for the type of document.
- Also, you need to choose the color of your document. To do so, you have to click on the Color format and select the desired option from the given option.
- From the File type drop-down option, you need to choose the file type in which you want to get the scanned copy of the document on your computer. It could be anything like PDF or JPG.
- Moreover, depending upon the scanner's functionality and features, you can choose other options like resolutions and modify the document prior to scanning the documents.
- Once all the setup is completed, you can preview the document before it gets scanned. And click the Scan button.
This is how you will be able to scan on your Canon printer on Windows 10 and will no longer worry about how to scan documents with a Canon printer. Once you scan a printer where do you find it? Well, to get the scanned copy on your desktop, you can follow the given steps:
- You should open File Explorer using the Start or Search option on the desktop.
- Then you will be required to open the Documents on the left side of the Windows.
- By double-clicking, select the Scanned Documents folder.
And you will be able to find the document on your system once it is scanned. Also, if you want to scan a document on the Canon printer using Mac, you can go through the steps mentioned below.
How to Scan From Canon Printer to Mac?
- First and foremost, you need to open the Apple Menu by clicking on the Apple logo placed at the left-top corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to select the System Preferences option.
- Then you have to click on the printer-shaped icon on the right side of the System Preferences window and open the Printers & scanners section.
- From the available printer list, you need to choose your Canon printer.
- Further, at the top of the window, you will see the Scan tab, click on it.
- Also, you have to click the Open Scanner option and then click the Show Details option.
- In this way, you will get to see the Format option, click on it to select the file type. From the drop-down option, you need to choose the type of file like PDF, or JPG.
- Select the Kind option and from the drop-down menu, you need to choose the color option such as Black and White.
- After that, you need to choose the storage location for the scanned file, you can click the Save To option, and from the available location, you can save the file in the desired folder or location.
- Moreover, you can opt for other options as well like resolution or orientation, select all the options prior to scanning the document and set the parameters as per your requirement.
- Lastly, you have to click the Scan button. You can find the option at the bottom of the screen. Once you click on it, your document will be scanned and stored at the location that you have selected to get it stored.
With the completion of the above steps, your document will be scanned on your Mac without seeing any kind of problem. And most importantly, you will not be wondering about how to scan a document on a Canon printer. On the off chance, you see any trouble while finding the Canon printer in the available list, you can add it and scan the document.
Fix Every Issue with Scanning the Documents with Canon Printer:
Apart from this, if you see any kind of trouble while doing the scan on Canon Printer and have a query on how to scan in the Canon printer, immediately, contact the customer help team. The representatives are always there to help you and provide you with all the required information. Also, if any technical glitch is there, the support team will fix it.
How to Scan from Canon Printer to Mac? - WriteUpCafe.com • 2020-04-17 04:38:00
How to Scan a Document from Canon Printer to Email? – Get Help for Printer Issues by Printer Support Plus • 2020-04-21 01:20:00
Olivia • 2020-07-24 07:13:00
Kevin C McNamee • 2020-09-17 04:17:00
Jaye-ann Duke • 2020-09-18 22:24:00
Bob Bardwell • 2021-03-31 21:06:00
How Do I Scan From my Canon Printer to my Computer? - Get more help with Printer Support Plus • 2022-02-15 01:05:00
Disclaimer: printersupportplus.com is an online information provider website. Printer Support Plus has no association with any brand name. Brand names, logo, trademark utilized in the content or site is just for user's information purpose. In case if you have found any kind of issue with the website or content kindly mail at firstname.lastname@example.org