How to Reset Canon Printer
A Complete Guide To Reset The Canon Printer In Different Ways
Canon printers are quite known for their top-notch print services and exceptional features across the world. However, there are times when Canon users face issues with their printing device, and that sometimes lead to reset their devices. In addition, due to daily developments in the device’s technical systems and user interfaces, users also face confusion with the printer reset process.
Now, if you are also a Canon printer user and have been looking for info on the device reset process, then you can refer to this guide here. Here, you’ll be guided with all kinds of ways on how to reset a Canon printer.
Quick Methods To Reset The Canon Wired Printers
Resetting the Canon printer lets you bring it back to its normal functionality. Plus, this also resolves any major or minor technical issue in your device such as slow printing issues, the printer being unresponsive or getting online, etc. In this guide on how to reset Canon printer, you will get to know about the following ways to reset your device.
- Power reset of Canon printer
- Ink reset of Canon printer
- Hard reset of Canon printer
- Resetting Pixma Printer
- Factory reset of Canon Printer
Therefore, read further to know about each Canon printer reset process in brief.
Power Resetting of Canon Printer:
Although, power reset is more of a type of soft reset type, but it can still bring your Canon device back to its normal functioning. Here’s how.
- At first, turn off your Canon Printer, then remove the power cable from the direct power source, and then ensure that your device is completely disconnected.
- Now, plug back the power cable in the power socket, then turn on the device, and then connect it to the Ethernet cable.
- Finally, try a test print to see if the issue has been resolved on your Canon device.
Ink Resetting The Canon Printer:
Canon printers such as the inkjet printers have an inbuilt special chip that notifies the users about the need of refilling the ink cartridge when the old ones are low or out of ink. Now, replacing the ink cartridges may hamper the normal printing operations, but resetting them through other ways can help you better. Here’s how to reset Canon printer ink and bring your printing device back to its normal functioning state.
- At first, remove the ink cartridge of your Canon printing device, then insert it into the main channel of the ink resetting mechanism.
- Next, you’ll need to ensure that the chip on the ink cartridge is working fine and in good contact with the plate on the resetter.
- Now, hold the ink cartridge softly for a while until you see the LED light on the chip resetter flashing. Now, hold the ink cartridge softly until the light becomes steady.
- Next, you’ll need to remove the cartridge from the chip resetter again and repeat the process on any ink cartridge that requires a reset.
- Finally, install the cartridges in your Canon printer and see if the issue is resolved.
How Do I Reset My Canon Printer To Factory Settings: Hard Reset
The hard reset can help you to bring your canon printer back to its default factory settings. Here’s how.
- Initially, hit the “Stop” button until you hear the alarm ringing on your Canon printer, then release the “Start” button only after the alarm flashes or rings at least 19 times.
- Now, that your device is restored to its factory settings, you’ll need to uninstall your device’s drives from your computer network and reinstall them with the latest drivers available.
Resetting Canon Pixma Printer Via Default Factory Settings:
If you have a Pixma device and you wish to reset it, then follow the steps mentioned below on how to reset Canon Printer Pixma.
- Turn-on the Pixma printing device, then locate the Device Settings from the menu via using arrows.
- Press Ok, then select the “Resetting” option and then again press “OK” to begin with the device resetting process.
- Now, turn-off the Pixma device, then hold the “Stop” button along with the power button of the device.
- Hereafter, release the “Stop” button, then again press the “Stop” button for two more times while you hold the “Power” button.
- Wait for 30 seconds until you see the “O” on the printer’s screen, and then press the “Stop” button for 4 more times.
- Next, press the “Power“ button two more times, and then press it again for once to turn off the device & complete the reset process.
Via Resetting Pixma Ink Cartridge:
The following steps will help you on how to reset Canon Printer Pixma via resetting it’s ink cartridges.
- At first, unplug the power cables and other USB cables from your Pixma device as it’ll help you to reset Canon printer or the ink cartridges.
- Now, press the “Power” button to open the ink cartridge door, then reconnect the power cables along with the power button still functional.
- Finally, close the cartridge door, then release the power button, and the ink cartridge reset process is now finished.
How to Factory Reset a Canon Printer: Instructions
They can be times when you may need to troubleshoot your Canon printer while working with it, hence, resetting it completely can be a major part of it. In this way, your device will return to its out of the box settings or default factory settings. Here’s how to factory reset Canon printer.
- Press Setup on your Canon device, then navigate to Device settings through arrow keys and press OK.
- Now, navigate to Reset setting, then press OK, and then navigate to Reset all option.
- Press OK, then select Yes, and therefore, your device is now reset.
For more assistance on how to hard reset Canon printer, contact the experts at Canon printer experts.