How to Install Canon Printer Driver in Windows 10
Get Complete Info About How do I Download and Install Canon Printer Driver on Windows 10/8/7
Once you have connected your Canon printer to the computer with Windows 10 operating system, you need to have a proper printer driver. Canon’s official website offers all the drivers for all its products. You can browse their website and find the printer driver as per your requirement. Here, you can check the steps to download the Canon printer driver for Windows 10.
Know-How to Download Canon Printer Driver for Windows 10
Canon offers different websites according to the region chosen by you and, there is a possibility that the printer models are not the same in all the countries. For easy downloading and installing, you can use your web browser for searching the drivers directly. You can refer to the steps mentioned below:
- Open your web browser and then go to the famous Google search engine. You can type the Canon model name printer in the search bar.
- Usually, the top results will have the printer driver for your desired model number. You can click the link on the search results page which will redirect you to the download page.
- Then, you need to select the specific operating system associated with the printer. Here we are using Windows 10 as the operating system.
- After that, click the Download link or button to download the printer drivers on your computer.
- Finally, double-click the downloaded file of the driver and follow the on-screen instruction to install.
Points to Remember While Installing
If you want to know how to install Canon printer driver in windows 10, you must consider the following information:
- The model name of your Canon printer.
- The specific operating system.
- The correct and latest version of the printer driver.
With all this info, you can download and install the Canon printer drivers easily in your Windows 10 computer.
Learn How to Install Canon Printer on Windows 10?
The most common way to connect the Canon printer to your computer is to use a USB cable. With a wired connection, it becomes a local printer. If required, you can install a wireless printer or add a printer on your network which is already connected to another system. If you want to know how to install Canon printer on Windows 10, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Connect the Canon printer to your computer device with a USB cable and turn it ON.
- Then, open the Start menu and go to the Settings section.
- In the next step, click Devices on the Settings page.
- After that, you need to click the option of “Add a printer” or scanner.
- If Windows 10 detects the Canon printer, click the name of the printer and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process of installation.
If You Wish to Add a Wireless Printer, Follow the Below-Mentioned Steps:
- You can use the LCD panel on the Canon printer to enter the wireless setup.
- Select the Wi-Fi network and for this, you must know the home network SSID. It can be found by hovering the mouse on the Wi-Fi icon in the taskbar.
- Then, you need to enter the password of your network.
- You can find your printer automatically added in the section of Devices, under Settings.
If you are facing issues with the wireless printer settings, you need to ensure that your computer is near to the wireless router. To fix the issue temporarily, you can manage it by using the ethernet cable if both the devices have ethernet ports.
Steps to Add a Shared Printer
Windows have a feature named HomeGroup which automatically shares the printers and some files on the computer of the same home network. If it is not set up on your computer, manually connect to the shared printer.
For any further queries and issues about how to download and install the Canon printer driver in Windows 10, you can contact the help team of Canon. The help team will assist you with all kinds of queries related to the Canon printer. The contact details to reach them are available on Canon’s official website.