How to Find IP Address of Printer
An IP address is one of the most important parts used to vide the internet service address and lots of things related to the network. There are many situations come when your network-based printer stopped working and then you find the IP address of your printer to resolve the problems. But most of the users don’t know about their printer’s IP address which is not a complex thing but difficult for those who never do that before. If you don’t know how to find the IP address of a printer, then read this article very carefully and learn about the various ways to find an IP address of your Printer.
Find on your Computer
If you want to see your printer’s IP address, then you can also see it on your computer which is very simple and easy. For this, follow the below instructions:
- Go to the Start menu in your computer which is available on the bottom left corner of the screen and then click on Control Panel.
- Click on Devices and Printers.
- Now under the Printers and Faxes, your printer should be shown and then check your printer’s model number with it.
- Now right click on the printer and then click on Properties.
- After that, click on the General tab where you can see an option Labeled and then you can easily see your printer’s IP address.
With the help of using your printer menu, you can also see the IP address of your printer. A lot of printers contains their IP address on the main screen or you can also try the below steps:
- Press the Menu or Setup button on your printer that IP address you want to know.
- Now go to Networking or Network Setup menu using the relevant button on your printer and then press the Enter.
- Now you can use the arrow button to open the available network and then choose an option such as TCP/IP, Network Status or IP address to see the IP address settings.
- After that, you can easily see your printer’s IP address.
With the help of command prompt, you can also find your printer IP address via the below steps:
- First of all, press the Windows key in your computer and then type cmd and then press the Enter.
- Now a box will open where you need to type the netstat-r and then press the Enter.
- Now a list of available printer connects to the network will appear and you can see your printer’s IP address easily.
Every network printer with the in-built Ethernet port mostly gives a menu button that lets’s allow seeing the IP address regarding the printer. And you can also visit your printer’s configuration page to see the IP address.
Use the Router
You can also find your printer IP address by using the router if you connected your printer on the same network provided by the router.
- Open a web browser on your computer and then go to https//192.168.1.1 that will redirect to the official login page of your router.
- Now login to your router account by using your username and password.
- After that, you will be logged in and then look for the DHCP Client Table under the Local Network section. This section will be different according to printer manufacturers and you can manage as per your printer’s model.
- Now open the loss of network and then you can see the IP address of your printer.
Suppose your networked printer utilizes DHCP, then you can also very easily use your printer IP address. You would need to connect your printer to the router and then go to the DHCP status page where you can find the IP address of your printer. Now router will show all the printer or devices using the IP address and then you can very easily find your printer’s IP address.
So after following the above-described methods, you can very smoothly see the IP address of your printer in a very simple and easy manner.
Explain Several Ways Of Finding The IP Address Of A Printer On Mac And Windows 10
Are you looking for information about finding the IP address of a printer? Well, knowing the IP address of the printer is very essential for a user, as it is needed while connecting to a network. Apart from this, you also need to know your printer’s IP address, as sending any commands whether regarding print jobs or any other for that matter is not possible without it. Moreover, the IP address of the printer also helps to resolve various kinds of errors you may be facing. Hence, you will learn here about the process of finding the printer IP address on Mac, and then on Windows 10 simultaneously.
Learn How to Find IP Address for Printer on Mac
Here you will learn about two different ways of finding the IP address of a printer on MAC. Therefore, the process to find Printer’s IP address through both the methods is as explained below.
Steps to Find the IP Address via System Preference:
- First of all, you have to unlock your MAC device.
- Then go to the System Preference available at the top-left corner of the home screen.
- Next, find the Printer & Scanners under the system preference window and click on it to open.
- Then go to the left column and choose your printer from available options.
- Now you can see the IP address of your printer on the right side beside the location option.
Steps to Find the IP address via CUPS Webpage:
- First of all, open the Safari browser on your MAC device.
- Then type the web address of your printer’s home page.
- Click the enter button, and you will see the IP address of your printer in the opened window.
Learn How to Find IP Address of Printer Windows 10
You can find the IP address of your printer through more than one way on Windows 10. Therefore the easiest ways of finding the IP address of my printer on Windows 10 are explained below:
Steps to Find the IP Address from Control Panel:
- Turn on your Windows 10 and navigate towards the control panel.
- Open the control panel tab and choose Devices & Printers.
- Now click the right button to open the properties of the printer.
- Hereafter select the web service tab and see the list given under troubleshooting information.
- Now you can see the IP address of your printer, note it down in a paper.
Steps to Find the IP Address through Command Prompt:
- Open the start menu and enter cmd in the search box.
- Next, in the command line enter ipconfig and hit enter.
- Now you will see the IPv4 address in the opened tab.
- Next, type ping space and then the IPv4 address and press enter button.
- Then input arp –a, once all result will load and press the enter button.
- Next, copy the IP address that appeared on the screen, and open a web browser.
- Now paste the copied ID address in the browser and hit enter.
- If the setup page of a printer will open, then it will be your IP address.
- Try using all the RPV results, until you find the IP address of your printer.
Therefore, a few of the most manageable ways of finding the IP address for printer on Mac and Windows 10 are explained here. Eventually, you can contact the help team of your printer, if unable to find IP address for the printer. They will surely provide you the proper assistance for finding the IP address of your printer successfully.