How to Connect Canon Printer to Mac
What Are The Steps Involved In Connecting The Canon Printer To Mac?
A predominant name, Cannon is known in the market to produce devices such as cameras, computers, photocopiers, and peripherals. This company has gained its importance and is ruling the market. The users have been dependent on it to print the equipment and services and because of its durability and sharp printing quality. This has become the reason for its popularity.
Some users are not used to Mac and they do not know how to connect my Canon printer to my Mac? So, here we are, with the procedure of connecting the Canon printer to Mac. The users can go through the below-mentioned pointers to connect the printer to Mac.
How do I Connect My Canon Printer to my Mac?
The steps to connect the Cannon printer to Mac depends on the type of Canon printer you are using. The users need to connect it to the Wi-Fi before connecting it to Mac. The first procedure of getting the Cannon printer connected to Mac is through the Airport Utility. Let us see the steps.
- The first step is to open the Airport utility that is located in the utility folder.
- You have to select your base station and enter the password of the base station. Then, you have to add a WPS printer from the menu bar.
- You have to select either the “Pin” or “First try” to allow the type of WPS connection. Click on the continue button. Press the WPS button if the “first attempt” has been selected.
- Click on done when the MAC address of the printer is displayed in the Airport utility. Now, quit the use of the airport.
- The next step is to visit the system preferences, then printers and scanners and then tap on the “+” button.
- You have to keep the default tab selected and let Mac search for the printer to get connected to WiFi.
- Now, the last step is to click on the Canon printer and tap on Add now.
We hope now you have got the answer to the question of how to connect canon printer to Mac. The users can go through the above steps to get it connected to Mac. Well, let us now see how to install Canon Printer to Mac. We have come across many users who are unaware of this process.
Installation of Canon Printer on Mac:
The process of installing the Canon printer on Mac is quite easy. The users have come up with the query, how to connect Canon printer to Mac?. For them, we are here with the solution to their problem. Let us see the process of installation.
- The first step is to load the printer with ink and the paper and connect it to Mac. Then, turn on the printer and launch system preferences on your Mac and this will be done by clicking on its icon or selecting the Apple menu.
- In the next step, you have to tap on the icon “Printers and scanners”.
- You have to look at the status of your printer if it is listed in the preference pane of the printer list sidebar. If the status is “Idle”, then you are all set to use it.
- If you don’t see the printer on the list, you have to click on the “+” button at the bottom of the printer to add it. you have to choose the default tab in the Add window.
- The next step is to click on the printer name and add the information like the name, location, and the driver.
- Now, you have to click on the Add button to complete the process of installation.
Now, not everybody has the CD with them to install a Canon printer on Mac. So, they have to download the software to get it installed. But not everyone is aware of the procedure. So, we are providing you with the steps to install the Canon printer on Mac without a CD.
Install Canon Printer on Mac without CD:
- The first step is to go to the website of printer manufacturers.
- Then, you have to click on the printers’ tab and you will find this option at the top of the page.
- The next step is to search for the model of your printer. You can either scroll through the available models or can type the name of the model into a search bar.
- Then, you have to look for the “Software” download link. For this, you have to re-enter the printer model in the search bar.
- Next, you have to click on the download link for the software of your printer. You need to wait for the software of the printer to download. You have to select and save the location first.
- In case you are on windows, you have to unzip the folder of Software and double click the setup file of the Software.
- The next step is to follow the on-screen instructions and then you can try to connect to your printer.
This is how you can install the Canon printer without a CD. We hope now you have got your answer to the question of how to connect Canon printer to Mac. You can contact the help team who are experts in handling the problems of the customers around the world. You will definitely be going to enjoy the facilities of getting the immediate response from their side. This will save you the energy of rushing to the technicians to get your Canon printer repaired or if you need any assistance.