How to Connect Canon Printer to iPhone?
Learn How do I Connect Canon Printer to my iPhone? Here are the Details
Canon is a multinational brand specializing in the manufacturing of optical and imaging products. Nowadays, users are attracted to Canon printers due to their high-quality printing. The Canon printers are chosen due to compatibility and the best results. When an iPhone user wants to print a document through Canon print, the info provided in the article below can be used.
Printing from AirPrint Compliant Device
In this article, it is explained how a user can use AirPrint for wireless printing from an iPad, iPod, or iPhone when connected to the Canon printer. AirPrint allows a user to print emails, web pages, documents, and photos from an Apple device directly through a Canon printer without installing the drivers.
The first step is to check the user’s environment.
AirPrint Operation Environment: In order to use AirPrint, the user will need any of the below-mentioned devices with the latest iOS version:
- iPad (all models)
- iPod (3rd generation or later)
- iPhone (3GS or later)
Network Environment: Any of the Apple devices and the Canon printer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Printing with AirPrint
In order to connect Canon printer to iPhone, a user needs to check the connection status and then proceed further with the printing:
- Initially ensure that the Canon printer is turned on and is connected to LAN.
- Using the app on an Apple device, the user needs to tap the operation icon in order to get menu options.
- In the menu options, tap the Print option to proceed.
- Under the Printer options, the user needs to select the model which is being used.
- It might be possible that Printer options are not displayed as some apps do not support the feature. If an app does not allow the user to use printer options, the print task cannot be done.
- The printer options vary according to the app and model of the Canon printer. Usually, when Print is tapped and a model name is selected, there will be below mentioned options displayed on the screen:
Printer: Select the model of wireless LAN which can be used.
Copies: Select the total number of copies to be printed.
Duplex Printing: If the model of Canon printer supports duplex printing, select the option of ON or OFF.
Range: The range of pages that can be used with a particular app and file type.
- To get 1st copy, click + or - in order to set the total number of copies required.
- In the case of Duplex Printing, click On to enable and Off to disable.
- If a file type with multiple pages is being printed, click Range and select the range of pages or the option of All pages.
- Finally, tap the Print option.
When the printing is executed, the printer prints according to the defined and specified settings.
- While using Airprint, the paper size is automatically selected according to the app that is being used on the Apple device and the region in which it is used.
- While using Apple’s photo app, the default size of paper is L in Japan and for other countries, it is 4”x6” or KG.
- When a user prints the document from Apple’s Safari app, the default paper size in the US is letter size, A4 in Japan and Europe.
Checking the Print Status
When a user inquires how to connect a Canon printer to iPhone, then check the following features:
- While printing, the user will find the Print icon displayed in the recently used app list, which can be used to check the print progress.
- To get the list of the latest used apps, tap the home button twice on the Apple device. The print icon will be displayed at the bottom of the Home screen.
Deleting a Print Job
In order to delete a print job with AirPrint, use any of the below-mentioned methods:
From Machine: If the Canon printer has an LCD monitor, to cancel the print job, use the operation panel, otherwise press the Stop button.
From Apple Device: Press the home button twice on the Apple device. Then, tap the print icon to get the list of print jobs. Select the job which needs to be cancelled and tap Cancel Print.
If the document does not get printed, check the following steps:
- Ensure that the power of the machine is On. If it is On, turn it off and back again on. check if the issue is resolved.
- Check that the machine is connected to the same network as on the iOS device.
- Check for the printer’s ink and paper.
- If the Canon printer has an LCD monitor, the user needs to check for no error message on the monitor.
If the problem still persists, printer drivers can be used to execute printing jobs.
To get more info about how to connect a Canon printer to your iPhone, the support team of Canon can be contacted. The executives in the support team will assist the users with all the required info. The support team can be reached using phone or email services. The support services are available round the clock. The contact info is easily available on Canon’s official website.
Disclaimer: printersupportplus.com is an online information provider website. Printer Support Plus has no association with any brand name. Brand names, logo, trademark utilized in the content or site is just for user's information purpose. In case if you have found any kind of issue with the website or content kindly mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
I download the Canon app on my Apple iPhone 10 and tried to connect to print photos but failed.
Maybe my Pixma MG3620 isn't wireless?