How to Connect Canon MX492 Printer to WiFi
The Best Procedure to Learn How do I Connect my Canon Pixma MX492 Wireless Printer to WiFi Network on Mac and Windows 10
Canon users for its printing devices often search for “how to connect Canon Pixma MX492 printer to WiFi” on the internet. If you have a Canon Pixma MX492 printer and you are trying to find ways through which you can connect it with your WiFi connection (cableless setup) then this article will guide you through every instruction that you need to know.
But before you start the connectivity process, you’ll need to confirm the following requirements to be able to connect your printer with the WiFi.
- Wireless Router
- Personal computer or Laptop
- A working internet connection
Once you have acquired all the necessary requirements mentioned above, you can process with the wireless setup.
How To Setup A Canon Pixma MX492 Wireless Printer:
If you are using a Windows PC or laptop then you can easily do the Canon MX492 wireless setup by following the steps given in this section. Before you begin with the cableless or wireless connection setup, you’ll need to prepare your printer for the cable-less setup. Follow the instructions mentioned below.
Steps To Prepare Your Pixma MX492 For Cableless Setup:
- Turn on your printer.
- In the menu option on the top, press the Setup button.
- Use the triangle navigation buttons to select the Wireless LAN Setup option and then press Ok.
- Now, select Other Setup and press Ok.
- Select Cableless Setup and press Ok.
Now that you have successfully prepared your printer for the Cableless setup, follow the steps mentioned further to connect it to your WiFi router via your Windows PC.
How to Connect Canon MX492 Printer to WiFi on Windows OS 10, 8.1, 7, XP
To connect your Canon printer to the WiFi router, you’ll need to install the printer software into your Windows PC or Laptop device for this.
- Close your all applications before installation.
- Sign-in in using an administrator user account.
If you have a PC or laptop is enabled with the CD-ROM drive then you can simply insert the CD that came along with the Pinter kit. For software installation through the CD, you will have the following:
- Insert the CD into the CD-ROM drive.
- Click on “Run Msetup4.exe” on the autoplay screen.
- Click yes to continue on the User Account Control dialog box.
On the other hand, you can also download the installation wizard online. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Canon official website http://canon.com/ijsetup/.
- Click on the Set-Up option.
- Enter the product name of printer model MX492 in the box on the top and click the Go button. Or you can also select your printer model in the MX list in the first letter section.
- On the next page, select a country or region.
- Download the Setup.
- Run the download file and begin with the installation process.
- Follow the instruction given below to complete the installation process.
- Once the file has been saved into your computer, double-click on it and follow the onscreen steps.
- Click “Next” and then click on “Wireless LAN Connection”.
- Click on the “Connect via wireless router (recommended)” option and then click Next.
- Now, click Cableless Setup. Click “Yes”, if, in case, you see the “.NET Framework” screen continue clicking “Yes”.
- On the next page, the software installation list clicks the “Next” button.
- Further instructions until you see the Setup Completion dialog box appears, click on the “Complete” button.
- Now, click on Next and if you see the “Extended Survey Program” screen then you may click on “Agree” to participate in the program or else click on disagree to continue with the installation process without installing the survey program. This will not affect the machine’s functionality.
- The installation process has been completed till now. You can now see the “Test Print window” on your screen.
- To check the printer’s functionality, Insert a blank paper inside the printer and click on the Execute option.
- Once the test print is done click next and skip the next window.
- Click on exit to finish the installation process.
How to Connect Canon MX492 Printer to WiFi on Mac OS X 10.7.5 – 10.13
- Go to the official site of Canon http://canon.com/ijsetup/.
- Click on the Setup Option.
- Select your printer model by typing “MX492” in the search bar on the top and click “Go”. Or someone can also select your printer product name in the MX list in the first letter section.
- Now, select your country or region and click on the “Download” option.
- If your file has been downloaded, then double-click the downloaded .dmg file.
- After again double click the “Setup Icon” and tap the “Next” option.
- In the box screen, type the administrator name and password. Then click the “Install Helper” option.
- Click on the “Next” button.
- Now, select your printer connection method and choose the “Wireless LAN Connection” option then click “Next”.
- Now, select your wireless LAN connection method and choose the “Connect via wireless router (recommended)” option then click “Next”.
- After that, click the “Cableless Setup” option and click again “Next”.
- Then click on “Add Printer”.
- Choose the “Canon xxx series Canon IJ Network” and click the “Add” button.
- Now, click on “Next”.
- The setup is completed and clicks “Next”.
- Click the “Exit” button to complete the installation.
- Wireless LAN setup using “Cableless setup” is now complete for Mac OS devices.
The above-mentioned information will certainly work for you, the complete process of how to connect my Canon Pixma MX492 printer to WiFi on Mac and Windows OS. If someone is still seeing the Canon mx492 wireless setup connection problems and wants to rectify them instantly. Then someone should contact the support team in order to get quick help from the experts.
Disclaimer: printersupportplus.com is an online information provider website. Printer Support Plus has no association with any brand name. Brand names, logo, trademark utilized in the content or site is just for user's information purpose. In case if you have found any kind of issue with the website or content kindly mail at firstname.lastname@example.org