How to Change Toner on Brother Printer
Learn How do I Replace or Change the Toner Cartridge on a Brother Printer
Brother printers are Japanese printing electronic devices and are known for their outstanding and commendable printing and customer service. Being of Japanese origin you shall be relaxed as you will not be facing any issues with these printers. And as everyone knows that a printer works on the toner cartridge and drum unit, and this printer is also the same.
But, if you find that the ink in your toner is finished then you are on the right path to know how to change the toner in Brother printer. And if you do not know how to proceed then you shall not panic as you have landed at the correct place. This article has been written to answer your question. But, before proceeding you must know the difference between toner and drum units.
Introduction to Toner Cartridge and Drum Unit!
Toner is a container that holds toner powder to provide ink for printing purposes. While a drum unit is an electrically charged cylinder that transfers toner powder and ink to paper for printing the required content. So, the toner cartridge and drum unit work together. And to know how to change the toner on the Brother printer along with the drum unit you can follow the steps below.
Changing Your Toner and Drum Unit in Simple Steps!
Before knowing how to change the toner on a Brother Printer, you are required to prepare a new cartridge for the printer. So, first, let us learn how to prepare a new cartridge in the below steps!
Steps to Prepare Your New Cartridge in Your Brother Printer!
- First, unbox the new cartridge which you have bought and then remove its packaging.
- Turn your cartridge towards the bottom and then remove the orange protective clip from it.
- From the trash can, remove the sealed tape from the side of the cartridge.
- This tape can easily come out in one single strip which you can throw.
- And now your cartridge is ready to install in your printer.
Steps to Prepare Your Drum Unit!
- Unbox the drum unit and remove the packaging from it.
- And now you are required to remove the orange protective unit which is surrounded by the drum unit.
And after setting your new cartridge to be ready to be installed, you can follow the steps below to know how to replace the toner on the Brother printer in an easy way.
Now Learn How to Change Toner Cartridge on Brother Printer!
- Turn on your printer and open its front cover.
- Remove the toner cartridge and drum unit from your printer and then release the toner cartridge from the drum unit assembly.
- This can be done by pushing down on the green lock lever which is present on the left side of the drum unit and remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit.
- After you have unpacked the new toner cartridge.
- Expel the protective cover.
- You are required to put the new toner cartridge immovably into the drum unit until you hear it lock into place.
- Ensure you put the toner cartridge accurately or it might separate from the drum unit.
- Clean the crown wire inside the drum unit by delicately sliding the green tab from left to right and right to left a few times.
- Now you can install the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly once more into the printer.
- Close the front cover of the printer.
Hence, with the help of the above steps, you can learn how to replace toner for a Brother printer and make your printing easy.
- Try not to turn off the brother printer or open the front cover until the printer comes back to Ready Mode.
- The toner cartridge that accompanies your printer is a Starter toner cartridge.
- It is a smart thought to keep a new toner cartridge prepared for use when you see the Toner Low admonition.
- To make sure of excellent printing, we suggest utilizing just Genuine Brother printers toner cartridges.
- Try not to unpack the new toner cartridge until you are prepared to install it.
- If a toner cartridge is left unpacked for quite a while, the toner life will be abbreviated.
- Brother printer strongly recommends you do not refill the toner cartridge given your printer.
Seeking Assistance From Help Team!
For users who did not understand how to change or replace toner and drum units are free to contact the customer service of Brother printer. This customer service is 24/7 active on different platforms such that they can assist the users at any time irrespective of the time zone.
So, if you want any other help apart from the issue with toner changing then you are free to contact customer service without hesitating.
Disclaimer: printersupportplus.com is an online information provider website. Printer Support Plus has no association with any brand name. Brand names, logo, trademark utilized in the content or site is just for user's information purpose. In case if you have found any kind of issue with the website or content kindly mail at firstname.lastname@example.org