How do you troubleshoot a Laser printer?
Laser printers are certainly one of the best you can come across for office work. It makes your work life much easier if your printer is working fine. However, there can be a situation where you need to troubleshoot the printer. You only need to ensure that you have followed the correct steps in that situation. If the information you have observed regarding the troubleshooting is accurate, you’ll be able to fix your laser printer shortly. There can also be a situation where you cannot select your printer. In that case, you need to ensure that you have connected with a printer technician. Once you have associated with professional help over the phone, they’ll help you through verbal assistance. However, if you’ll not able to get the resolution over the phone, they’ll make sure that they send professional help to your address.
Troubleshooting Steps for a Laser Printer
To perform the troubleshooting and repair of a laser printer, you need to ensure that you have followed the steps mentioned below. These troubleshooting steps are straightforward, easy, and simple. That means you only need to ensure that you stick to the step-by-step guide below. Then you’ll be able to get the refund shortly.
The printed product is faded:
- There can be a situation where the toner is low.
- You need to remove the cover and then take off the cartridge.
- Now you need to shake the toner cartridge. Once you have done that, it might bring life to the cartridge.
- If shaking doesn’t work for your cartridge, you need to replace the cartridge.
Printing is blurred, or there are blurry lines on the page:
- There can be a possibility that your printer’s fuser is dirty or it might be broken.
- In this situation, you need to get replaced.
- You need to get tech help in this kind of situation.
In case the above-given information has not fixed your printer. Then you can follow the further given troubleshooting laser printer steps.
The printer is printing out blank pages:
- The most basic reason behind it is that the cartridge ink is low.
- You need to remove the cartridge and shake it well. Once you have done that, you’ll be able to use the ink cartridge.
- However, if the step mentioned above doesn’t work for you, you need to ensure that you have replaced the cartridge.
- Even after getting the cartridge replaced, you cannot get the print. Then it would help if you got the cartridge holder replaced. That is the drum that holds the cartridge.
While following the laser printer troubleshooting tips, you need to ensure that the products which you replace are good quality products. In that way, you’ll be able to fix your printer for a long time successfully.
The printer refuses to print a job:
- First thing is to check the cables connected to the printer.
- You need to reconnect the cables if that is necessary.
- At times, the paper gets jammed, due to which you’re not able to get the print. Check for the signal of the paper jam on the printer.
- In case your printer doesn’t point where the jam exists. Then you need to check that by yourself.
- While removing the paper from the printer, you need to be very gentle. The sudden removal of the report might make things worse.
- Once the jammed paper is removed, the printer will be able to perform the printing process properly.
- If the cartridge is exhausted, you would need to get the cartridge replaced.
However, even after following the steps above, the issue is not fixed. Then you need to turn off the printer and remove all the cables. Now start the printer again, and it’ll be working.
The printer is printing compressed or garbled print:
- There can be a possibility that the print fonts you have used on your document are incompatible with the printer.
- Try to use a more generic font. That is going to have a better chance of getting printed.
- Check if there is any network issue.
Hopefully, your query regarding the laser printer problems and solutions is cleared. Make certain that you have followed the proper steps. Soon, you’ll be able to get the answer you have been looking to get.