How do You Change a Printer from Offline to Online Mac
How to Fix an Issue on the Printer Where Mac Says Printer is Offline?
Most printers work smoothly with the Mac, but sometimes it creates a snag in the way of the Mac, and users face a lot of difficulties. On your behalf, if the Mac says the printer is offline, go through advanced solutions instead of traditional solutions to fix issues and for your solution, the details are described below.
How do you get a Printer back online on a Mac?
- Make sure the printer and Mac are connected properly and also check the cables.
- Make sure to check the Printer tray and it should be free from paper jams.
- Also, check the cartridges and if it is empty, then replace them will fueled one.
Reset the Printer using Mac
- Click on the ‘Apple’ menu and select ‘System Preferences’.
- Now, click on ‘Print & Scan’.
- Thereafter, you will find the list of available printers on your Mac, now press ‘Ctrl’ and click the button simultaneously to get the option ‘Reset Printer’, after finding the same, click on it.
- Thereafter, Mac will reset the Printer settings and then you will have to add the Printer again and for the same, select your Printer and click on the plus (+) button to add the Printer on Mac. Soon, Mac will start the downloading and installing process and once it is finished, you will get rid of the issue.
Remove the printers from the list of Mac
- Click on the ‘Apple’ icon and move to the ‘System Preferences’ section and then select the ‘Print & Scan’ option.
- Thereafter, you will find the Printers available on the list, select the one which is not beneficial and click on the minus (-) button to remove it. Repeat the process for all the Printers except the one you are using.
That is, now your printer will work smoothly. However, if still, how do you change a printer from offline to online Mac, update the printer drivers, restart your Mac, and delete the existing print queue. All these methods will make your printer online on Mac.
Disclaimer: printersupportplus.com is an online information provider website. Printer Support Plus has no association with any brand name. Brand names, logo, trademark utilized in the content or site is just for user's information purpose. In case if you have found any kind of issue with the website or content kindly mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you seeing printers having an offline problem on your printer? If so, then you should not worry and read this post carefully. As here you will get complete information to resolve this issue.
1. First of all, you need to restart the printer if the Printer not responding an error appears.
2. Then you will require to click on the Apple Icon.
3. After that, you should select the System Preferences option.
4. Further, you will have to click on the Printers and Scanners, Print & Fax option in order to open the printers list.
5. Thereafter, you will require to tap on your printer from the printer list, and also, you have to click on the Open Print Queue.
6. If you see multiple Printers then you should remove the extra printers.
7. Now try to print again and you will see the issue has been resolved, if it is not, then, you can try to delete all the printers that already linked with the Mac and add your printer.
8. In this way, you will be able to resolve the 'Printer is offline' issue. Besides, if the issue still persists then you can try resetting the printer or you can host a network or guest network to connect your printer.
Last but not least, if after completing all the above procedures you are not able to resolve the issue, you should contact the printer customer support team who will provide you a complete solution within the least possible time.