How do You Change a Printer from Offline to Online Mac
How to Fix an Issue on the Printer Where Mac Says Printer is Offline?
Most printers work smoothly with the Mac, but sometimes it creates a snag in the way of the Mac and users face a lot of difficulties. On your behalf, if the Mac says the printer is offline, go through advanced solutions instead of traditional solutions to fix issues and for your solution, the details are described below.
How do you get a Printer back online on a Mac?
- Make sure the printer and Mac are connected properly and also checks the cables.
- Make sure to check the Printer tray and it should be free from paper jams.
- Also, check the cartridges and if it is empty, then replace it will a fueled one.
Reset Printer using Mac
- Click on the ‘Apple’ menu and select ‘System Preferences’.
- Now, click on ‘Print & Scan’.
- Thereafter, you will find the list of available printers on your Mac, now press ‘Ctrl’ and click the button simultaneously to get an option ‘Reset Printer’, after finding the same, click on it.
- Thereafter, Mac will reset the Printer settings and then you will have to add the Printer again and for the same, select your Printer and click on the plus (+) button to add the Printer on Mac. Soon, Mac will start the downloading and installing process and once it is finished, you will get rid of the issue.
Remove the printers from the list of Mac
- Click on the ‘Apple’ icon and move to the ‘System Preferences’ section and then select the ‘Print & Scan’ option.
- Thereafter, you will find the Printers available on the list, select the one which is not beneficial and click on the minus (-) button to remove. Repeat the process for all the Printers except the one you are using.
That is, now your printer will work smoothly. However, if still, how do you change a printer from offline to online Mac, update the printer drivers, restart your Mac and delete the existing print queue. All these methods will make your printer online on Mac.