How do I Get my Printer Out of Error State?
Let’s Know How Can You Resolve Your Printer in an Error State?
Printers have been providing many help to us these days. Getting the hard copy of the document is not comfortable with printers. But, we encounter many people fed up with their printer and do not know why their printer is frequently going out of error state. They keep on asking the question, “Why does my printer say error state?” The answers can be many. There can be the issue of ink cartridges, paper jams, or with the print heads.
Troubleshooting Required for Printers
Check Wi-Fi or Cable:
How to clear printer in error state? This question has been asked by many using the printers for their professional and personal life. The first thing you need to do is ensure that the printer is turned on and connected to the PC by Wi-Fi or cable. You can check it for low paper or the ink and ensure that the cover is not open and the paper is not jammed.
Choose “Use Printer Online” Option:
- If the printer is in an offline state, you need to follow the steps below to make it online.
- For this, you will have to click on the “Windows + X, go to the “Control panel”, and click on the “Device and printers”.
- After that, you will have to click on the “Printer”. If the “Printer is offline” it will show the “Offline message” status. You need to check whether the printer is online. It will show “Ready”.
- You need to check your printer and set it up online. You will then have to right-click on the printer and choose the option of “Use printer online”.
Reinstall the Printer Driver:
You can also opt for reinstalling the printer device by taking the necessary steps.
- You need to open the control panel and select the tab “View by the large icon”.
- Click on the option of “Device and Printers” and then right-click on your printer and choose the option of “Remove Device”.
- You will have to confirm that the device is removed, and then you need to restart the computer.
- Once your computer has been rebooted, it should automatically detect and install the printer. If not, then you will have to unplug it and plug it back in.
Make Sure That the Paper is Loaded:
It is essential to check whether the papers are loaded in the printer tray or not. You need to turn on the printer and wait for a minute until your printer comes in the “Ready” state.
We hope you have got the answer to the question, “how to get the printer out of error state?” For more information on the printers, you can freely connect with the team of the technician specialist of the printer you have purchased.