Why is my Epson Printer in Error Mode?
Epson Printer in Error State How to Fix
Is your Epson printer in Error Mode? Despite many attempts its keeps on showing error mode. Are you facing this error problem? Many Epson customers face the same problem their Epson printer is in error mode, and it always keeps showing errors after trying multiple times. Epson is known to be the customer’s choice when it comes to printers. But many times it happens that the printer went into error mode and instead of printing the paper it stopped working and showed an error. So to get the printer out of error mode, users need to know what the reasons behind this error are-
Reasons Why is my Epson Printer in Error Mode:
- Ink may be Finished- Many times, it is seen ink of the printer is finished, and the user is kept on sending print commands. If the ink of the printer is finished, the printer will show an error and keep in error mode until the user refills the printer.
- Internet Connection is Weak- If the printer is wifi enabled, if the internet connection is weak or lost, the printer will show an error option and go to error mode.
- Outdated Software- Many times, it is noticed that software becomes outdated and will not work properly. If the software is outdated, it will not print a single paper and won’t take any single command and go into error mode.
- The Printer Setup is not Appropriate- Many times, the paper got stuck in the printer, and the printer got jammed. In this case, the printer will show an error option.
- USB is Loose- Sometimes, the cable connections may be loose, and when cable connections are loose printer will not work properly and indicate the error option.
- Blocked by the System Issue- It is seen many times when the system found any issue in the printer, it will automatically block the work of the printer and start showing error mode.
The above-mentioned may be the reason for showing the error symbol or going into error mode. There can be many more reasons. After knowing the reasons, the main issue faced by the user is how do I get my Epson printer out of error mode. So here are some fixes that will help the users from getting out of this problem.
What to do When Epson Printer is in Error State?
Try to Change the Port Settings: Users are advised to change the port settings first to get out when their Epson printer is in an error state by following the below-mentioned steps;
- Press the window with R and type the printer extension and click on ok.
- Tap on view on the top menu bar and select show hidden devices.
- Select printer properties and tap on the option; use any interrupt assigned to the port and click ok.
- Finally, reboot the computer and clarify whether the issue is fixed or not.
Reinstall Drivers: Users are advised to reinstall the drivers of the printers that are essential for the working of the printer; otherwise, the Epson printer says in an error state it will keep on showing errors. To reinstall the driver's user needs to open the control panel and tap on devices and printers. Then tap on remove devices and restart the computer.
Update Window: When the window is outdated, and the printer software will not be processed on that window, the users are advised to go to update their window, and their printer will be able to go for Epson printer error recovery mode. To update the window user need to follow the below-mentioned steps;
- Tap on the Start button and open the settings option.
- Then click on the update and security option and select window update.
- Tap on check for updates.
- If an update is available, tap on update and restart your computer.
Use a Printer Spooler: It is known to be the best option. If the printer was showing an error and went to error mode, then users need to opt for the spooler tool by the below-mentioned steps;
- Press the window key and R on the keyboard and type services.msc
- Now you need to search for a printer spooler and click on its properties.
- Click on the startup type and apply the selected ok.
- Click ok and restart your computer.
Why is my Epson Printer Giving Me an Error Message?
Sometimes, you may find that Epson printers give error messages because of jammed papers. In such a situation, disconnect the printer from the computer to clear the jammed documents. To clean it properly, you should use a piece of cloth and a brush, followed by a proper wipe-down.
Power Supply on Epson Printer:
On the other hand, the printer is not getting the desired power supply. Sometimes your Epson printer doesn't get enough or a proper power supply from a power source. So it starts giving you a printer error state message.
Disclaimer: printersupportplus.com is an online information provider website. Printer Support Plus has no association with any brand name. Brand names, logo, trademark utilized in the content or site is just for user's information purpose. In case if you have found any kind of issue with the website or content kindly mail at email@example.com