Canon Printer Not Responding
Learn How to Fix it If Your Canon Printer is not Responding?
Being a Canon printer holder, you can enjoy the best in class and advanced printing features that you can’t find in any other printer. But sometimes many circumstances come when users face a lot of technical problems when using the Canon printer and among those issues not responding is highly faced by the users. There could be varied reasons that cause the Canon printer not responding issue and it is very important to know about every single reason behind this problem and fix this issue. In this article, you will learn about the step by step, procedure to fix the not responding issue of the Canon printer in a very simple way.
Why is my Canon Printer not Responding?
A lot of possible reasons may cause not responding issue of Canon printer and some of them are listed below:
- Improper configuration.
- Connectivity issues.
- Using any unwanted app.
- Driver-related problems.
- Incorrect USB ports.
- Compatibility issues.
How to Fix Canon Printer is not Responding Issue?
Are you facing the problem of not responding with your Canon printer? And finding the proper solutions to fix this issue? Then you can simply resolve Canon Printer not responding issue after following the below instructions that are easy to apply:
Solution 1: Using Printer Troubleshooter
Window’s inbuilt printer troubleshooter feature can also help to find and fix the varied problems related to the printer. You can smoothly use the printer troubleshooter to fix your Canon printer problem through the below steps:
- First of all, you need to open the Run box and for this, press the Windows + R key.
- Type control.exe/name Microsoft. Troubleshooting and then press the Enter to open the Windows Troubleshoot tab.
- Now Troubleshoot window will open and then click on the Printer option.
- Choose Run the troubleshooter.
- Now, wait for fewer seconds until it detects the printer problem and then clicks on Apply this fix.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions and restart your computer.
Solution 2: Reboot Network Connection
Sometimes bad internet connectivity leads to several technical issues and you can fix the not responding issue of the Canon printer by checking your network connection. You have to make sure that your printer is connected to the wireless network with which your computer is connected. You can fix Canon Printer not responding to wireless problems by checking the wireless connection and you can fix it by restarting your router. You can also plug out the power cables that are connected to the router or modem and then plugging in back to the router after a fewer minutes time period.
Solution 3: Disable any Firewall and Security Suite
Sometimes using a third-party firewall or security suite in your computer also lead to varied printer-related problems and you can simply fix the not responding issue of your Canon printer by disabling the firewall or security suite. You can uninstall them from your computer under the programs and devices or using another way.
Solution 4: Change the USB Port for Wired Connection
If you are using a printer wired connection with your computer, the problem may be caused by an improper USB port. In such conditions, you can simply try another USB port and allow Windows to reinstall the required drivers. You can also allow your computer to restarts and then also disconnect the USB cable which is connecting to your computer. You can fix the Canon printer not responding message by following the below steps that can be performed in a very easy and simple manner:
- First of all, open the Run box by pressing the Windows + R key.
- Type devmgmt.msc into the run box and then press the Enter.
- Now Device Manager window will open and then find the Universal Serial Bus Controllers option.
- Find any unwanted drive, right-click on the connected entry and choose Uninstall device, then restart your computer.
- After that, connect your printer again to another USB port and then see whether the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 5: Uninstall Canon Printer Drivers for Wireless Connection
Uninstalling your Canon printer drivers may also fix the multiple problems that you may face when using your Canon printer. If you want to fix the not responding issue of the printer, then you can uninstall the printer driver and reinstall them. You can fix the Canon printer not responding error by uninstalling the drivers through the below steps:
- Open the Run box on your computer by pressing the Windows + R key.
- Now type DELDRV64.EXE and then press the Enter.
- Now Canon Uninstaller window will open.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to remove the printer driver from your computer.
- Now go to the official Canon printer website and then download the relevant printer driver as per your OS.
- Now open the installer and then follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
With these above-given instructions, the Canon Pixma printer not responding problem can be fixed in a very reliable and simple manner. But in case you are still not able to fix this issue or have any other query related to your printer, and then contact the customer help team of Canon printer for immediate assistance.