Why does it Say my Printer is not Connected to Mac?
How to Fix Printer Connection Issue on Mac
If you are facing trouble in printing documents from your Mac computer using a printer, your problem may be somewhere between the two ends of the printing process, from your system set up to your connection and on to the copier or printer itself. If you are getting an error message saying the printer is not connected mac, you are required to contact the support team to get an immediate resolution.
How to fix the printer connection issues with your Mac computer?
Printers work great with the Mac computers once successfully installed. But if you get a message like “the printer is not connected”, then the issue is serious and you need to fix it to start printing again.
1. On or Off
In case you have a connection problem with the printer, check whether the printer is in “On” mode or “Off” mode. If the printer is “On” and you are facing a problem, then the problem might be with other things like connecting cable, toner compatibility, out of paper, or paper jam, etc.
Check the connecting cables between the printer and your mac to make sure everything is connected properly. If there is a cable problem, replace the cable with a new one and try printing. But in case the printer again says the printer is not connected then the problem is with another part. Contact the support team to fix the issue instantly.
A recent OS update or software update might result in connection issues in printers. Updating a printer driver might give compatibility issues and hence the connection issue. Thus if you have updated your Mac OS or the printer driver, then try uninstalling the updates.
Printer drivers and software control prints, and an error in either can cause distorted output. Installing drivers for the wrong printer model or for the incorrect version of the operating system may also cause this problem. Visit the printer manufacturer’s website and download the latest version of your printer model. If you already have the latest version installed, try reinstalling it anyway as it will replace any corrupted files.
Printer not Connected Mac
Fetch Best Assistance to Fix the Issue of Printer Not Connecting on Mac
The users may fix the issue of the Printer not connecting on Mac by applying the ways mentioned below. The users may get in touch with the technical experts to solve the issues.
Step 1: Making Sure that the Printer is Ready:
The users need to make sure that the printer is not offline and it is ready to receive a print job. Ways to make the printer ready are mentioned here:
- Pressing the Power Button: If the printer is off or in sleep mode, users need to press the power button so that the printer can be turned on.
- Paper in the Paper Tray: The users need to make sure that the printer has been paper loaded into the input tray.
- Ink in the Cartridges: Correct ink and toner cartridges have been installed. There should be no errors or blinking lights on the printer control panel.
- Restarting the Printer: The users need to restart the printers and then wait until the printer is ready to print.
Step 2: Resetting the Printing System:
The users need to reset the printing system by applying the ways mentioned here. The experts can be contacted at any time if some issue arises.
- The users need to choose the Apple menu.
- Then, the user needs to click on System Preferences.
- In the system preferences, the user needs to click on the Printers & Scanners option.
- While holding down the Control key on the keyboard, the users need to click anywhere in the list of devices.
- Finally, the user needs to choose the “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears so as to reset the printer.
Step 3: Troubleshooting the Printer Connection:
The users need to troubleshoot connection issues with network or USB-connected printers by applying these ways so as to fix the problem in which the printer is not connected Mac.
- Troubleshooting the Wi-Fi Printer Connection.
- Solving USB Printer Connection.
- Fixing the issue of Wired Network Printer Connection.
The ways listed above will help in resolving the issue of the printer not connected to Mac.