Printer Not Working
Everything You Need To Know About Fixing Printer Issues
Printer issues are impromptu and this can be quite frustrating when they are the need of the hour. Besides, they are potential tools that contribute to your work-flow that involves printing tasks. There can be many reasons due to which you’re your printer might show up with multiple issues. However, many of them are resolvable on your own, and you can easily try some fixes that can help you get rid of the printer problems. Plus, many issues also depend on your device type such as laser, inkjet, wireless, wired, etc.
Moreover, it is also important to know that your printer can function for years without any hassle if maintained properly. Hence in this post, you’ll be able to learn about almost every troubleshooting method to fix all the issues that may have caused your printer not to work.
Common Reasons Why Your Printer Is Not Working:
Firstly, the reasons can be simply differentiated among over and under usage of the printing devices. For instance, many users don’t prefer to use inkjet printers as there are higher chances of ink getting heavily dried and thus causing the nozzles blocking. On the other hand, overuse is not most likely to cause your printer not working. However, if someone is misusing the printer such as using paper clips, hair bands, and mishandling of the printing devices, then of course such things can terribly cause damage to the device. Moreover, here are the most common reasons that are usually responsible for causing issues to the printer device.
Know Why the Printer Does Not Work
- Ink or cartridge issues
- Wi-Fi connectivity problems
- USB and power cable defects
- Print head problems
- Blocked nozzles
- Wireless connectivity problems
- Operating Software issues
- Cartridge issues
Therefore, stick further to the upcoming segments to learn about to fix printer problems without any hassle.
Methods To Fix Printer Is Not Responding Problems:
Fixing Printer Won’t Print Issue
- At first, you can begin with checking on any error message or warning light that on your respective printer device.
- Then you’ll need to ensure that at least five papers are inserted in the paper tray(s).
- Next, see if the ink or toner cartridges aren’t empty, and then also ensure that the USB cables are plugged in properly and have access to the active Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection.
Fixing Driver Issues:
There are times when the currently installed version of your printer driver can be defective or outdated. This can also cause issues to your printer such as not sending a print command to your printer or just saving the “Virtual” print command. Hence, you’ll need to fix the driver issues in your operating system, and if your printer is not working in windows 10, then here’s what you can do.
- At first, you’ll need to open the Control Panel screen through the Start Menu, and then jump to the Devices and Printers section.
- Next, right-click on your printer to put it as the default one followed by checking its ready status. If it is in the ready status, then it means that there are no issues with the source.
- Hereafter, ensure that your printer Is selected in the software that used to print items. And you can also use the Windows printing troubleshooter screen, then you can use it to identify problems, and then select the Fix it button.
- Then follow the onscreen instructions to download and run the program, and then finish the troubleshooting process.
- Alternatively, you can also use the Control Panel to do the troubleshooting.
- Simply, go to the Devices and Printers section, right-click the printer icon, and then select the Troubleshoot option to let the process begin.
Furthermore, if your printer is not working in windows 10 with the aforementioned tips, then you can try connecting with the experts at printer tech-support services.
Troubleshooting Cartridges Issues:
Printers usually warn the users if they are running out of ink before actually they get it. However, if users occasionally use their printers, then ink or toner might get dried and eventually last for another couple of weeks except months. Hence, it is important to take care of your ink cartridges to avoid the printer not working situation. Here’s what you can do about it.
- Don’t wait up for the ink cartridge to get completely dried/empty out even after you have been warned by your device about it. Instead, you can buy a new one and gently shake it before installing it into your printer. This helps you to use the toner completely.
- In the event, if your ink cartridge has run out, and you are still using it for printing pages, then you can use them to print in black and white pages only. You can find this setting in the printer properties in the Control Panel. Alternatively, you can also click the B&W option while you print via printing software.
Fixing Printer Errors:
One of the most common reasons due to which your printer is not responding is errors. They can be related to anything but mostly they are associated with the Papers. Hence, you’ll need to figure out the issue by using a couple of methods. Here’s how.
- Firstly, remove the paper from the Paper Tray, then have a look inside it after opening all the flaps, and then check for any jammed paper, small ripped off sheets, etc.
- Also, you can check the underneath of your printer for any leftover paper, and then remove the pieces if you find any.
- You can also replace the old paper with the new ones as the old ones can absorb moisture, and they might also turn in to sticky which can be problematic.
- Moreover, you can also try using thinner paper as they are more flexible and won’t stick inside the printer.
Fixing Issues With Printing Phone/Tab Devices:
Many users prefer to print their items using Android, iOS, or even Windows devices. But sometimes they either get confused or face issues with their respective devices. Therefore, they can use specially designed apps and software such as AirPrint, HandyPrint, Printer Pro for iOs devices, Google CloudPrint for Android devices to print items.
Therefore, the aforementioned information should help you in fixing almost all kinds of issues with your Printer. But if still, your Printer Is Not Responding, then you can try reaching out to the tech-experts at Printer authorized printer support. The highly-experienced & reliable printer technician team will surely assist you with resolving every hardware & software issue in your printer device. Besides, the printer repair specialists are available 24/7 and offer the best solutions and troubleshooting services to ensure complete repair services.