How to fix HP Printer Not Recognizing Ink Cartridge?
The printer is not recognizing ink cartridge is one of the most common problems that are faced by the multiple users after changing an empty ink cartridge. Every printer brand user can face this problem once in a while. HP printer users also face this problem whenever they try to print anything and it shows an ink cartridge issue.
Is your HP printer not recognizing ink cartridge? And showing different kinds of errors? Then there can be a list of reasons that are responsible for this problem. In this article, you can learn about the easy steps to fix various ink cartridge problems. For this, you need to apply the below steps to fix this problem:
- First of all, make sure that you are using the correct cartridge as per your printer model.
- Now disconnect the USB cable from the back of your printer.
- Open the front cover of your HP printer and then remove the ink cartridge,
- Now close the front cover and then wait until the Insert Ink Cartridge message will appear.
- Disconnect the power cord from the printer and then wait for fewer seconds.
- Now reconnect the power cord and then press the power button.
- After that, open the cover and then re-insert the cartridge.
- Connect the USB cable and then try to print.
HP Printer not Recognizing Refilled Ink Cartridge
If your HP printer not recognizing refilled ink cartridge after applying the above-mentioned steps, then you need update your printer firmware that will help to fix this problem. To do that, follow instructions:
- First of all, go to the official HP printer website and then click on Software and Driver Downloads.
- Enter your printer model number and then choose your OS.
- Tap on Firmware and then tap on Download.
- Tap on Next and then and then choose the Install Now option.
- Now HP printer update window will open and then tap on the Update tab.
- After that, click on the OK to complete the process.
Well!! Now your HP printer is ready to work and you can follow these steps on any HP printer.
Methods to fix HP Printer
Sometimes Hp printer not recognise “Ink Cartridge” and causing the error in printing until user cleans the error. Then the user must reset the printer and fix the issue.
Steps to Fix Hp Printer-
Here, a few steps to follow to fix the error, when Hp printer not recognizing Ink Cartridge-
- The first user needs to turn on the printer and open the cover and remove the Cartridge.
- Then the user needs to place the ink Cartridge back in the carriage and close the cover.
- The user must turn off the printer.
- Then turn the printer on after a minute, and print a test page.
- If the user has still faced the problem, then turn on the printer and remove the cartridge.
- For removal, the cartridge, use the lint-free, clean, dry cloth to gently wipe the contacts.
- The user needs to wipe the contact from the top to the bottom.
- Then place the Hp ink cartridge back in the carriage and turn off the printer.
- After a minute, turn on the printer and test the printer.
- The user needs to turn on the Hp Deskjet and open the cover and remove the cartridge.
- Then remove the power cord and disconnect the cables running to the computer.
- After a minute, plug in the power cord and cables.
- Then the user needs to open the cover and install the cartridge and turn the printer on.
- To check the printer, the user needs to print a test page.
In case, the user still having the problems, he must buy a new ink cartridge at an office supply store or the user can contact the customer service via phone call and talk to them regarding the problem, customer care executives will provide the user quick and better service and resolve the problem.