Epson Printer Printing Blank Pages
A Comprehensive Guide on How do I Resolve Blank Pages Printing Issue with Epson Printer
Printing devices are one of the greatest inventions that have not only made printing activities simpler but proved to be a time-saving device. At present, many companies are offering printing devices to the users, still, Epson printers are the most preferred ones.
Epson printers are one of the finest products produced by Seiko Epson Corporations that are also known for producing dot matrix, inkjet, and laser printers. And there is no doubt in saying this that Epson printers offer users with some of the finest services but, lately, there are a few users who have reported some technical issues with the printer.
Well, as good things come with some cons, there are chances that users might face some issues with the Epson printers because of minor glitches like Epson printer printing blank pages. Well, this issue is quite common and can be resolved in time by trying out some troubleshooting solutions.
But, before we head-on with the solutions, let’s know a bit about the cause of this issue, so one can select an appropriate solution to resolve this issue in time.
Cause of Blank Pages Printing with Epson Printers
Well, there are many users who have a query on why is Epson printer printing blank pages. So, to help them get a clear idea, here are some of the common causes behind this issue.
- Clogged nozzles
- Ink cartridges was empty
- Incorrect paper size
- Issues with the software installed on the device
- Printer drivers were not installed properly
- Issues with cartridge installation
Besides, there can be other reasons that can lead to the Epson printer keeps printing blank pages issue. Still, there are a few users who are not aware, there is a chance that they might be encountering this issue because of some minor issue. So, it is recommended that the users check a few of the things listed below to quickly resolve this issue.
Things to Check Before Resolving the Issue
Before the user follows the solutions mentioned, it is suggested that they check for some of the things listed below to quickly resolve this issue.
- Ensure that the printer is placed on a stable and flat surface as a slight tilt can lead to printing issues.
- The user is required to check if the yellow tape was removed from the ink cartridge at the time of installation.
- Use needs to check the paper size, layout settings, and other printing settings are correct.
- It is recommended that the users replace the old ink cartridge.
- Also, the user needs to use the paper that fulfills the product’s specifications.
- Further, it is required that the user ensure that there is no blank page in the document that they are printing.
Hence, these are the few things that the user needs to keep in mind before they perform any troubleshooting steps to resolve my Epson printer is printing blank pages problem.
In case you’re printing from Windows or a Mac, you can choose Skip Blank Page in your printer software. To choose the setting, and follow the steps for your OS.
- Press the Windows key and open the “Settings” option.
- Go to the “Devices” option.
- After that click the “Printers and scanners” button.
- Choose your printer and select “Manage” after that “Printing Preferences”.
- Press the “Maintenance” tab and press again the “Extended Settings” button.
- Now, select the “Skip Blank Page”.
- Tap the “OK” as important to save your settings.
- First, click the Apple menu and open the “System Preferences”.
- Choose the “Print and Scan”, “Print and Fax”, or “Printers and Scanners”.
- After that select your product and afterward select “Options and Supplies”.
- Now, select “Driver or Options” settings.
- Now set Skip Blank Page to “On” and click “OK”.
Ways to Resolve Blank Pages Printed by Printer Issue
1. Skip the Blank Page Present in the Document:
- For this process, the user needs to press on the Window button and launch the Settings page.
- Click on printers and scanners under the devices section and select the connected printer.
- Further, click on the manage and click on printing preferences to skip the blank page present in the document.
2. Clean the Nozzles That are Blocked:
- Press the Home button present on the Epson printer and select the Setup option.
- Further, move to the maintenance option and select the check printhead nozzle.
- After that, the printer will start the checking by printing a document.
- If the user finds any gap or lines, they can select a clean printhead option to resolve the issue.
3. Update Printer Driver:
Well, another reason for the Epson printer only printing blank pages issue can be the outdated version of the printer driver. Hence, it is recommended that the user update the driver to resolve this issue in time.
- Visit the Epson printer official page and search for the Epson printer model currently used.
- Further, click on the particular model and find the drivers and click on Download.
- Once the printer driver is downloaded, the user can check if the issue is resolved or not.
4. Check for the Clogged Nozzles:
For the users who have queries on why would my Epson printer print blank pages? Well, there are chances that this issue might arise because of the clogged nozzles that one resolve by keeping these points in mind.
- There are chances that the ink level is low in the cartridge. Hence, it is suggested to the users to replace the cartridge.
- Another reason can be that the protective tape present on the printhead was not removed at the time of installation. Hence, the user is suggested to remove the tape and resolve the issue.
5. Run Troubleshoot for Printer:
- Launch the Setting section on the device and select update and security option.
- Now, in the left pane select Troubleshoot option and click on the printer on the right page.
- Then, run a troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved.
6. Restart the Printer:
One of the simplest ways to resolve Epson printer printing blank pages is by restarting the printer.
- Press on the power button present on the printer and wait until it shuts down.
- Now, unplug the power plug and wait for at least three minutes.
- Then, again plug the printer with the cables and switch on the printer and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Hence, these are the few effective solutions that one can try out to resolve printer printing blank pages issues in time. In case, if the issue persists, it is suggested to the users to contact support and seek required assistance to resolve this issue in time and perform printing activities without any interruptions.