Epson Error Code 0x97
What Does Epson Printer Error Code 0x97 Mean?
Error Code 0x97 is a kind of warning that occurs when you face any kind of internal hardware issue in your Epson printer. This error is caused due to multiple reasons such as motherboard failure or any other internal component failure. When this error happens, your printer stops printing anything that makes you stop completing an important task. If you are getting the error code 0x97 in your Epson printer, then you can go through this article where you will be learned about the troubleshooting to fix the Epson printer error code 0x97 within simple and easy-mentioned steps.
How To Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0x97?
Apparently, it generally occurs on models: Epson wf-3640, wf-4630, wf-3620, wf-7620, and 7610. If you want to resolve the error code 0x97 on your Epson printer, then you can follow the below steps:
Method 1# Unplug and Plug-in:
- First of all, you have to unplug all the connected cables on your printer.
- Now take all printer cartridges to remove from your printer.
- Still turned off your printer from the power source by pushing down the power cables.
- After that, plug in all the cables and then the USB cables.
- Reinstall the ink cartridges on the printer.
- Now turn the power back on and then check if the error code still appears.
- Check whether the blunder message remains. In the event that the error persists, proceed to the next method.
Method 2# Other Method of Unplug and Plug-in:
- Switch off your Epson printer and then unplug it from the power source.
- Disconnect the connected cables and USB devices.
- Now, wait for about five minutes until the printer takes a rest.
- Push and hold the power button on your printer for fewer minutes.
- Now you have to connect the power cord to your printer and then release the power button.
- After that, check whether this message still appears or not.
Method 3# Clean Clogged the Printer Nozzles:
- Turn off your printer, and then unplug it from the power source on your computer.
- Now open the printer casing carefully.
- Now take a clean paper towel and then it with any head cleaning fluid.
- After that, make the soaked paper towel position down into the middle of the printer heads.
- Now sit it for 12 hours and then check if the error code doesn’t reappear.
Method 4# Try Microsoft’s Printer Troubleshooter:
Microsoft proffers plenty of troubleshooting tools for printers and you can use any one as per your printer and issue facing with the printer. You can download it from the official website of Microsoft as per your printer model and computer’s OS. After that, run it on your computer to fix the multiple issues including the Epson printer error code 0x97 error in a very effective way.
Method 5# Turn On and Off Your Printer
Sometimes turning a printer on and off may fix several technical issues including the error code 0x97. You can perform this process in a below manner:
- First of all, unplug all the cables and USB accessories from your printer.
- Now press and hold the power button from your printer for about 60 seconds. It will allow taking reset your printer.
- Now plug back all the accessories.
- After that, again press and hold the power button for 60 seconds and then run a test print.
Method 6# Disconnect and Reconnect the Printer:
- Check for any paper jam if available and then wipe it out.
- Unplug all the cables and USB connections to your printer.
- Press and hold the power button for about fewer seconds and then release it.
- Now wait for about 1 minute and then plug the accessories back into your printer.
- Now turn on your printer and then take a run test.
By following the above-described methods, Epson printer error code 0x97 can be fixed in a very simple manner. If you need any assistance, then contact the printer technician team and they will provide you with the best possible solutions to fix all sorts of issues related to the Epson Printer.
Quick and Simple Troubleshooting Guides for Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0x97
Though it is not like that you see an error often while using Epson Printer, the issue gets fixed by doing a few simple steps. In case you see error code 0x97 on your Epson Printer, you can fix them by doing a few simple steps. And to help you with the process here is a list of instructions to follow:
Disconnect Everything from Your Epson Printer:
- If you have given a command to print on your printers, you should suspend all and remove all paper jams. Remove all the connected wires like USB cord, Power cord, cable wire, and cartridges.
- Then you have to press the Power button and hold it for a while. After that, you have to connect all the cords and install the ink cartridges in the allotted slot. And check if the Epson error code 0x97 is fixed.
Reset the Epson Printer:
Similarly, remove all the cords from the printer but not the cartridges. Wait for five to ten minutes. Then press and hold the power button for a few seconds and reconnect all the wires without leaving the button. To do so, you may need another person. Keep pressing the button and release it after one minute.
Clean Your Printer's Print Head:
- Remove the ink cartridge carefully and place it on a towel or paper. Further, clean the print head from the printer.
- Next, you have to clean the print head using a clean cloth damped in warm water.
- Once the cleaning is completed, you need to allow it to dry and then, place it in its respective slot.
Reinstall or Update the Printer Driver:
An outdated printer driver can be a reason to face an error while printing. So, you should update the driver to get rid of the given issue.
Once you try to above steps, you will no longer wonder to resolve the Epson error code 0x97. Yet if it persists, you should contact the printer technician team to get help.
Disclaimer: printersupportplus.com is an online information provider website. Printer Support Plus has no association with any brand name. Brand names, logo, trademark utilized in the content or site is just for user's information purpose. In case if you have found any kind of issue with the website or content kindly mail at email@example.com
Between all new cartridges, a cleaner kit and a new printer we spent over $275.00. We're not happy.
Your help would be greatly appreciated, especially if there is a "hardware" issue. My printer is also out of warranty, I'm sure.
2 ways they will do it. The first option, You have to give them $125.00 and they will send you out a refurbished printer and when you send your printer to them and when they receive it they will refund your $125.00 or the second option, you can just send them your defective printer and when they receive it they will send you a refurbished printer.
The Epson XP-620 printer has been off for some time
Now I want to print
Error code: 0x97
How can the nozzles be cleaned?
Show the nozzle cleaning video if possible
I need assistance...