Epson Error Code 0x97
What Does Epson Printer Error Code 0x97 Mean?
Error Code 0x97 is a kind of warning that occurs when you face any kind of internal hardware issue in your Epson printer. This error is caused due to multiple reasons such as motherboard failure or any other internal component failure. When this error happens, your printer stops printing anything that makes you stop to complete an important task. If you are getting the error code 0x97 in your Epson printer, then you can go through this article where you will be learned about the troubleshooting to fix Epson printer error code 0x97 within simple and easy mentioned steps.
How To Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0x97?
Apparently, it generally occurs on models: Epson wf-3640, wf-4630, wf-3620, wf-7620, and 7610. If you want to resolve the error code 0x97 on your Epson printer, then you can follow the below steps:
Method 1# Unplug and Plug-in:
- First of all, you have to unplug all the connected cables on your printer.
- Now take all printer cartridges to remove from your printer.
- Still turned off your printer from the power source by pushing down the power cables.
- After that, plug in all the cables and then USB cables.
- Reinstall the ink cartridges to the printer.
- Now turn the power back on and then check if the error code still appears.
- Check whether the blunder message remains. In the event that the error persists, proceed to the next method.
Method 2# Other Method of Unplug and Plug-in:
- Switch off your Epson printer and then unplug it from the power source.
- Disconnect the connected cables and USB devices.
- Now, wait for about five minutes until the printer takes a rest.
- Push and hold the power button on your printer for fewer minutes.
- Now you have to connect the power cord to your printer and then release the power button.
- After that, check whether this message still appears or not.
Method 3# Clean Clogged the Printer Nozzles:
- Turn off your printer and then unplug it from the power source along to from your Computer.
- Now open the printer casing carefully.
- Now take a clean paper towel and then it with any head cleaning fluid.
- After that, make the soaked paper towel position down into the middle of the printer heads.
- Now sit it for 12 hours and then check if the error code doesn’t reappear.
Method 4# Try Microsoft’s Printer Troubleshooter:
Microsoft proffers plenty of troubleshooting tools for printers and you can use anyone as per your printer and issue facing with the printer. You can download it from the official website of Microsoft as per your printer model and computer’s OS. After that, run it on your computer to fix the multiple issues including the Epson printer error code 0x97 error in a very effective way.
Method 5# Turn On and Off Your Printer
Sometimes turning a printer on and off may fix several technical issues including the error code 0x97. You can perform this process in the below manner:
- First of all, unplug all the cables and USB accessories from your printer.
- Now press and hold the power button from your printer for about 60 seconds. It will allow taking reset your printer.
- Now plug back all the accessories.
- After that, again press and hold the power button for 60 seconds and then run a test print.
Method 6# Disconnect and Reconnect the Printer:
- Check for any paper jam if available and then wipe it out.
- Unplug all the cables and USB connection to your printer.
- Press and hold the power button for about fewer seconds and then release it.
- Now wait for about 1 minute and then plug the accessories back into your printer.
- Now turn on your printer and then take a run test.
By following the above-described methods, Epson printer error code 0x97 can be fixed in a very simple manner. If you need any assistance, then contact the customer service team and they will provide you the best possible solutions to fix all sorts of issues related to the Epson Printer.