HP Printer Not Scanning
Why is my HP printer not scanning?
A lot of situation comes when you try to scan and fax any document on your HP printer, and suddenly an error occurred say Scanner failure or Scan System Failure. There are billions of users confront this problem that may come to various reasons whether it’s technical or non-technical. In order to get back to scanning feature, you would need to know about the reasons responsible for this problem. In this article, you will be learning about the common causes behind the not scanning problem of an HP printer and their solutions to fix.
What are the causes behind HP printer is not scanning?
- Scanner hardware issues.
- Low scanner bulb temperature.
- Compatibility issues.
- Driver related problems.
- Scanner bar jam.
- Connectivity problems.
How to Fix HP printer not scanning?
If you want to fix not scanning problem in HP printer, then you can go through below steps which are very easy to apply:
Solution#1: Reset the Printer
- Press the power button to turn on your printer.
- After your printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from your printer.
- Now disconnect the power cord from the power source and wait at least for about 30 seconds.
- After that, reconnect the power cord from the wall outlet and then also connect to your printer.
- Now turn on your printer after connecting the power cord.
Solution#2: Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor
- First of all, you should need to download the HP Print and Scan Doctor from the official HP website.
- Now download as per your OS and then wait until it would be downloaded.
- Find the downloaded HPPSdr.exe file and then run it.
- After that, HP Print and Scan Doctor will be open and then click on Start menu.
- Now choose your printer and then click on Fix Scanning tab.
With the help of above-described steps, HP printer not scanning problem can very smoothly be resolved in a very simple manner. For any other assistance, you can also contact HP printer support team.