How to Connect HP Printer to WiFi
An Easy Approach to Connect HP Printer to WiFi
You have bought HP printer and now you need to install it and you are puzzled up with the question how to connect my HP printer to wifi and all you want an easy to install guide.
Prerequisites that you need to follow while setting up the wireless network:
1. Plug in the power cord, turn on the printer.
2. Install print cartridges.
3. Printer goes through the startup routine allows the printer to settle down after going through the startup routine.
Now, since you are having a wireless network, the next method that you need to follow is install the printer software. Ensure that software that you select is compatible with computer operating system and printing model.
4. Go through on-screen instruction till a Connection Type is prompted.
5. You can select the type “Through the network”, Network or Wireless when displayed. However, most probably you get the option of on-screen directions and all you need to do is finish installation of software for the printer.
Here, we are giving some easy steps to install HP printer:
- Turn on the HP printer.
- Use the touchscreen in the printer and connect the printer with the wireless network.
- On the touchscreen panel, tap on the right arrow key.
- Now, tap on Set up.
- In the Setup menu, you can select Network.
- A network menu appears and you can choose Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Wait till Wireless Setup Wizard finds out in range wireless routers.
- Select the router to which you need to connect your printer.
- The next option that you get is to enter the WEP/WPA passphrase.
- Press OK and confirm the settings.
- If you need a hard copy of wireless network, enter OK or press Skip.
Above mentioned so easy to use steps simplify the answer of how do I connect my HP printer to WiFi.
When you are connecting hp printer to wifi, you need to ensure that you have the network name and password of the wireless network.
More descriptive steps which you can take up while installing HP printer to WiFi are as follows:
If you need to know how does Wireless Setup Wizard works, the following description gives an overview:
- Ensure that you have a security name and password.
- Select Control Panel of Printer.
- In the control panel, select Network menu or tap on the wireless icon.
- Go to Settings.
- Choose Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Work according to on-screen instructions.
Another method that you can use to connect the HP printer is to use HP Wireless Auto Connect:
With HP Auto Wireless Connect technology one can connect HP printer to the wireless network automatically. You need not have any cable or enter wireless settings such as SSID or password.
Before connecting your computer, laptop using HP auto wireless technology, the following specifications must be met:
- Computer or laptop is connected with the wireless router during HP printer installation process.
- Ensure that the laptop or desktop is connected with the network at 2.4GHz.
- Laptop or computer must use Static IP address.
- The printer should be in HP auto wireless connect mode. The printer remains in this mode for two hours once it is first powered on upon installation when it is connected to the network.
If it has been more than two hours and you are unable to connect the printer with a wireless network, then, you need to reset the mode and you need to use “Restore Network Settings” or “Restore Network Defaults” from the control panel of the printer.
Another setup that one can use is WPS( WiFi protected set up):
Wi-Fi protected setup provides two modes through which one can connect the devices together on a wireless connection. The first method is called the Push Button and the second method is a PIN.
Following gives the description to connect using Push Button:
- Printer and Wireless router support WPS push button mode.
- The router must have physical WPS push button available.
- The network security must be within WPA or WPA2.
Now, connect a wireless printer with the wireless router using WPS:
- Start the WPS push button mode on the printer.
- Now, you need to press WPS button on the router.
The above description solves the puzzle of how to connect Hp printer to wifi.