How do You Change a Printer from Offline to Online Mac
How to fix an issue on Printer where Mac says Printer is Offline?
Most of the Printers work smoothly with the Mac, but sometimes it creates a snag in the path of Mac and users face a lot of difficulties. On your part, if Mac says printer is offline, then go through the advanced solutions rather than conventional one to fix the issues and for your solace, the details are mentioned below.
How do you get a Printer back online on a Mac?
- Make sure the printer and Mac are connected properly and also checks the cables.
- Make sure to check the Printer tray and it should be free from paper jams. Also, check the cartridges and if it is empty, then replace it will a fueled one.
Reset Printer using Mac
- Click on the ‘Apple’ menu and select ‘System Preferences’.
- Now, click on ‘Print & Scan’.
- Thereafter, you will find the list of available printers on your Mac, now press ‘Ctrl’ and click button simultaneously to get an option ‘Reset Printer’; after finding the same, click on it.
- Thereafter, Mac will reset the Printer settings and then you will have to add the Printer again and for the same, select your Printer and click on plus (+) button to add Printer on Mac. Soon, Mac will start the downloading and installing process and once it is finished, you will get rid of the issue.
Remove the printers from the list of Mac
- Click on ‘Apple’ icon and move to ‘System Preferences’ section and then select ‘Print & Scan’ option.
- Thereafter, you will find the Printers available on the list, select the one which is not beneficial and click on minus (-) button to remove. Repeat the process for all the Printers except the one you are using.
That’s it; now your Printer will work smoothly. However, if still, how do you change a printer from offline to online mac, then update the Printer drivers, Restart your Mac and delete the existing print queue. These all methods will make your Printer online on Mac.